Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I'm Back!

My mini laptop took a 1.5 foot dive off my husband's lap about a week and a half ago, hit the carpet, and broke it's inner monitor. I'm not sure if that's like one's inner child, but I do know if the inner monitor is busted, you can't see squat on the outside either. I was not mad, but wasn't happy about the situation either. These things happen though so you just move on and figure out how to fix things. So I did. Figure out how to fix the thing. With some help from our IT man, Stephen, I ordered a replacement screen, waited a week, and then begged Stephen for help installing the new screen. He was quite gracious and installed it today! Yaaaay, hooray!

In the week and a half that I went mini-less, I also took the pledge and decided to forego Facebook until Easter. I've discovered something over the past week. I go crazy when I try not to do things. I compulsively do laundry and clean weird things. I order more yarn for more crocheting and knitting projects. I get cranky with co-workers. I get cranky with Alan and Buddy and...myself. I am quite surprised to learn that apparently I'm not a very disciplined person in some ways. I'm  flittery! Who knew? Oh wait. I knew that before, hence the name of my blog, FlitterDee. Well, anyway, I'm happy to say I'm back. Back with my mini, back on Facebook, back to my version of normal.

I've been trying to write some of Mother's story so I can share that here. Mother isn't pleased with my work, however, so I'm having to rewrite. How do I know she's not pleased you ask? Well...let's just say she's woken me up three mornings in a row at an ungodly hour and let me know. Kids, if you think when your parents are gone that will end the instructions and nagging, I have bad news. They still do it! They get in your head and heart while you're young and they are there to stay! It's not all bad though. Honestly, when my mother makes her appearances in my dreams and psyche, it makes me ache with missing her all over again. Or laugh. Mother always had that affect on me. No one could make me laugh harder than Mother. There will be a rewrite of Mother's story forthcoming. As soon as she tells me what it is.

Mother, April 1984

No comments:

Post a Comment