Friday, February 3, 2012

Memory Boxes

Because it is cold and snowy outside, we're staying inside. At least I'm staying inside. I was looking for a little notebook where I took notes from Daddy on family history and geneology. It's a little black notebook and I've yet to find it, but in the course of going through the memory box, which holds my journals, pictures, cards, the boys' school work and pictures, and stuff, I've become lost within my memories. Most of the memories are good. Some are difficult to look at so I've skimmed over those for now. In the midst of my trip down memory lane, I found this poem that I wrote in 2003. I thought I would share it.

Sometimes life is difficult,
And we ask the question, why?
Why can't life be simply beautiful,
As a turquoise-tinted sky?

Sometimes the pain and beauty,
Become quite intertwined,
As the blessings and the curses
Through our lives do wind.

Especially as a mother,
I often ask, "Why this?"
And You softly give Your answers
In the sweetness of a kiss.

Life in all its gore,
Life in all its joy,
Can become a bit unnerving,
Is that Your special ploy?

To give us glimpse of heaven
And a little peek at hell,
To give us a reminder,
You alone can make all well?

I wish I knew the answers,
I wish I passed the test,
But tonight all I can do is weep,
and let You do the rest.
D.Elaine Wood-Lane, June 25, 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment