Saturday, March 17, 2012

And now for something completely different...

This has been an amazing day and quite different as Saturdays go. First, our friend Peggy brought us a homemade cherry pie! Can you say yummy? It is fab-u-lous! I don't think it will last much past tomorrow morning. :-D

Second thing that happened was I got to spend time with a lovely little 2 year old girl who joined me in my crazy hula dancing to my Lilo & Stitch cd.  We had SO much fun! Buddy became quite jealous, though, so I had to pick him up and dance with him a bit too.  I had a blast!

Third thing that happened was I went to buy paint and started repainting my kitchen! Woohoo! I'm painting the cabinets and other areas that are/were red a beautiful green, Lochlan Meadow green to be exact. I've only done one coat of the dining area wall. Here's a before and after. What do you think?

I think it will be beautiful when I get it all done. Much lighter, brighter and fresh!

I've made a very interesting discovery today. Despite saying for ages that my favorite color is purple with other favorites being red, yellow, and green, apparently my favorite color is not purple. It's green if what I have the most of is anything to go by. Our house is green, our car is green, my purse is green, and I have more green clothes that any other color. Everywhere I looked today, I saw green. I also saw yellow and splashes of red, but little purple. I realized this as I bought new green paint for my kitchen. Isn't it interesting how things just slip up on us sometimes?

I hope everyone has had a fun, delightful green Irish day and has a great week to come!  Love y'all! ;-)

FlitterDee

No comments:

Post a Comment