Wednesday, April 11, 2012

It Must Be Spring!

It must be spring because my husband has been acting like an energetic teenager lately.  He has finished the work in our basement, built a picnic table, a swing for little kids/babies (hey, we'll have grandbabies SOMEDAY), and now a swing for the big kids, i.e. us!  I laughed when he brought it up because we're 50 years old. We're supposed to be old and stodgy and yelling at kids to get off our lawn. Instead we're out in the backyard, taking turns on the swing, fighting over who took longer, snapping pictures of tulips, and grinning like fools. We've even fallen in love all over again!

For my part, I've tried to remain dignified and respectable. I've only tickled a few knees at work, hugged anybody who doesn't run away fast enough, and said things that were apparently taken out of context. Hey, I have gray hair and I'm 50! I can do what I want, right?  ;-)  Besides all that, being old and stodgy is...boring. Who wants to yell at kids to get off our lawn? I'd be delighted to see kids playing on our lawn actually. I guess you need grass for that, huh? Try as we might, grass won't grow on our front lawn. We'll have to sod it I guess. One of those mature people things to do. I don't know how to sod a lawn. Hmmm. Maybe that says something about me? All I know is I'd rather be outside, sipping on a glass of tea, reading a good book, and taking a swing every now and again. Hope everyone's having a good day!  Love y'all!  Dee

1 comment: